.........................Stars In Her Eyes
Watchers of the skies, tonight, as always.
'Yes. Yes, pet, waters are troubled with
lilies. No wind...no sun. Lavender blooms.
Always these days in August. Quiet beauty.
She knew watchers, as herself.
'We will sit on the rocker. Cooler,
on the porch. This perch a treat.
Come, eat. Was easily caught.
Twilight curls fingers through air.
Nothing but the sky, moves tonight.'
Lifting ages' wrinkles, she peered up,
past cypress tops, to black beyond.
'They will come, pet. Wait with me.'
The cat pawed silver streaks on wood.
'No, pet, not those. Those. In the sky.
The Seven Sisters dance seven nights.
First of stars on cave walls. First stars
in all history, captured. Before the moon.
What magic spells their August dance? '
The cat pawed her dangling hand.
The cat curled on her lap.
The old woman's eyes, unblinking.
Shadow-watching the dance above.
As dawn crept, the cat looked back.
The old woman, in her rocker,
to stars gone.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.........................Stars In Her Eyes by elysabeth faslund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...