Stlii Not Over You
Just another reflection,
in another mirror.
Cracked in the middle,
breaking into pieces.
You brought me up,
but as they say;
'what goes up always comes down.'
You left me broken on the floor.
I'm here putting myself back together.
Struggling to fnd the pieces.
Yeah the pieces to my now,
scattered jigsaw puzzle.
You brought me up,
but what goes up always comes down.
You left me stranded.
Hoping and wishing on shooting stars.
You had me wrapped around your finger.
I was your yo-yo.
Til' you never pulled me back.
Laying here broken into scattered pieces.
I've finally broken down.
So wipe your hands and walk away,
say what I was hoping would never reach you lips.
to be honest, I liked your lying more than your teasing.
I guess I have to face the truth sometime,
that time being now.
So wipe your hands and walk away.
Say the words I was hoping you'd never say.
I may lie myself,
because now I know I'm still not over you.
To someone special
Isabella Swan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stlii Not Over You by Isabella Swan )
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns