I never dreamt that I would become, somebody I no longer knew.
A total stranger and a outsider to the world in which I grew.
I have made my bed and now I will lay, close my eyes and wait for my mind to stray.
For only here I relise in shadows of the night, what I have done..., and I know....
It is not right...
You see I hurt someone I loved, cared and thought of evry much, the problem was with my heart I lost touch, my mind took over and so did the doubt, in the end? Well now I dont think they want me about....
Justice is served and punished I am, a dream i took and ruined, so in otherwise out of the fryer into the frying pan.
I dont expect this will make things right, I'll have to start again,
I wanted you to know wherever you are, I'm sorry for the pain...
I should wake up now and learn,
I love you now and then....
Anthony Levitt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stranger by Anthony Levitt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock