Shelley Wynona Williams
Stranger Behind A Screen
A stranger looks ahead
with courage in his eyes.
A person behind a screen
that is hidden, kind and wise.
He might cross the lines
and enter the unknown.
While sitting in his silence
using hands that speak alone.
The travels of the mind,
thoughts inside the head.
The storyteller awakens
and leaves his humble bed.
He learns to assume
and read into the soul.
Dreams that are surreal
as an actor with a role.
The person that appears
and leaves unreal behind.
A handshake is proven
more than just the mind.
Welcome is the sight
when in safety you appear.
The screen doesn't know
if words are spoken clear.
There are limitations
and mind travel is slow.
If you want a relationship
meet that you will know.
Shelley Wynona Williams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stranger Behind A Screen by Shelley Wynona Williams )
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)