I’m a lei of flowers,
Strung by love of you.
You pick me up, when I have fallen low.
A thread in a needle, I have put you through,
A lot but you are patient, kind and loving, too.
One by one, until you are done,
I feel your warm touch, handling my petals.
My tears, my fears, all that life sears-
You refresh me, a soft dew, to moisten the harsh, dry day.
I can never say how much I love you, if only this you knew.
Danette Frenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Strung by Danette Frenz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol