Sun Rise At Kanyakumari
Tri sea confluence accompaned by confluence of hues
And the east is glittering with colors motley;
Till the Sun has not come out and it is not shining
The pink color is showing, He is slowly approaching.
The assemblage of the hues there in the east,
By the sea is photographed through a spindrift.
Watching these things regularly, without failure
Is standing there the image and memoirs of the luminary.
Now the east is wrapped with the colors motley,
These are the first foot notes of the Sun following.
The thundering waves roared in the welcome of the Sun,
With His rising they began to brightly glisten.
The Sun slowly arosed but falsely it was felt,
That he came out through the waters of the sea.
And the photograph shot by the spindrift
Shows the motley sky at the time of Sun rise.
Let the Sun be more enchanting at Kanyakumari,
And the waves carry doctrine of vivek by the luminary.
Ratnakar Mandlik's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sun Rise At Kanyakumari by Ratnakar Mandlik )
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When My Death Comes, Shalom Freedman
- Interior Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Set a date, hasmukh amathalal
- Mandela, Gary Corseri
- In my own idea, gajanan mishra
- Sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- It's on Sale, Doug Jones
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)