Their something I've been trying to explain to
you for weeks, i hope the words are not sounding
But over the last few years when i look at you and
hear the way you laugh out loud and sitting in your
You remind me of a sunflower with warmth and glow that
a sunflower bring.
I wish i could keep you so and take picher of you every day
so other will see the ray of sunshine you bring to this world.
You somehow make the day seem bright and you help
make the sun stay longer.
you are to me a friend that i love and a sunflower
staying bright and strong even when winter come
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sunflower by maria goodison )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Dance With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Spy Terrorist, Marieta Maglas
- So what becomes of you my love?, Akhil S Behl
- In the Eye of the Ferris Wheel, Reagan A. Latumbo
- On Taking Secretaries to Lunch, Donal Mahoney
- The Lizard Said Yes, Tony Adah
- For real this time, yashovardhan kulkarni
- hey hog rider, does the roof have ricket.., Mandolyn ...
- my hair is still growing as fast as the .., Mandolyn ...
- New Mexico Sky, Taiko