RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Symbol Of Loneliness
Voiding promises made yesterday in moments of haste.
Despising the quickness managed to surprise and annihilate
Reading road signs, following paths made in the past,
hoping to circumvent some bitter parts of yesterday's life.
Riveting the sky beneath feet of wanderlust, storming acres
of heaven, searching for a bit of complacent peace to store
in a cabin of self.
Bereft of courage, falling upon times of hardened luck,
causing faults to press guilt onto impressive covers of
Carefully withholding tokens of love and praise, continually aggravating a stance of life as slowly it fades into the
distant future, holding emptiness instead of truth and honesty.
Partaking of the symbol of loneliness, a willow tree's sign of eternal sadness, secure in the familiar image of all that once
was held dear and now no longer fulfills the need of caring.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Symbol Of Loneliness by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Start anew, gajanan mishra
- BACK TO SCHOOL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Melancholia (haiku), hap rochelle
- قصه ماه 1, ALI MOSLEHI
- life is fair........., RIC S. BASTASA
- when you are alone you become a thinker, RIC S. BASTASA
- all dirty clothes wrapped in cellophane, RIC S. BASTASA
- the way i want it, RIC S. BASTASA
- an early morning canvass, RIC S. BASTASA
- A Nation I Lack Of Notion, Halla Ingimars