If I could twist your mind,
If I could change your thoughts
And if I could absorb all your sadness,
Tell me that you would give me a smile,
That smile so disarming,
Tell me that you would give me a first kiss.
Certainly, I would feel an overwhelmed desire,
As we encounter would begin.
Tell me that you would take me
To your heart,
When the gestures would become thrills
And some cries would become symbols of things....
Certainly, I would be yours
And you would be mine.
I would stay perfectly there for sure,
In a moment of self forgetfulness.
And if another one had been
Instead of me,
Tell me that you would have felt so much sorrow that
You would have abandoned her
To be with me....
Tell me that you knew that I had known this.
Even so, I let you go,
Being unable to break that invisible wall
To be together.....
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me by Marieta Maglas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Autumn Divine, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Binding, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Free From Sin, Juliana Oludeyi
- Ancient mythologies and Verses Holy, Md. Asadullah
- The Phoenix, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Terror, Md. Asadullah
- Take Your Logic, Lawrence S. Pertillar