Tell Me Friend
I was not expecting this much hurt
From such a simple goodbye
Will I able to say what I feel?
For you, my friend, I will try.
The day we first met I did not think
You would mean this much to me
But I guess that is what friendship is
Unspoken connections meant to be
So tell me friend, when I am gone
Promise you'll never forget me
Or will I become a forgotten song?
A legend, a myth, an old story?
I'm sorry I'm going where you can't follow
Truly I am but still
Remember that you were loved by me
My dreams I must fulfill
Tell me friend-
do you feel it too?
Will you miss me as much as I'll miss you?
Jessica Lockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me Friend by Jessica Lockhart )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Men, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Passport And Pen In Pocket, Susan Lacovara
- There is no other way, Aftab Alam
- Well Bugger Me!, Stanley Collymore
- Gravestone Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Casted Caught And Casted, Susan Lacovara
- Quiet White, Susan Lacovara
- A Synthetic Poet in the Webs., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Lemons, Maylee Bossy
- Rhino, Jonathan Walker
- The devil Is For Real, Phyllis Strong