Tell Me Friend
I was not expecting this much hurt
From such a simple goodbye
Will I able to say what I feel?
For you, my friend, I will try.
The day we first met I did not think
You would mean this much to me
But I guess that is what friendship is
Unspoken connections meant to be
So tell me friend, when I am gone
Promise you'll never forget me
Or will I become a forgotten song?
A legend, a myth, an old story?
I'm sorry I'm going where you can't follow
Truly I am but still
Remember that you were loved by me
My dreams I must fulfill
Tell me friend-
do you feel it too?
Will you miss me as much as I'll miss you?
Jessica Lockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me Friend by Jessica Lockhart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney