Tell Me Friend
I was not expecting this much hurt
From such a simple goodbye
Will I able to say what I feel?
For you, my friend, I will try.
The day we first met I did not think
You would mean this much to me
But I guess that is what friendship is
Unspoken connections meant to be
So tell me friend, when I am gone
Promise you'll never forget me
Or will I become a forgotten song?
A legend, a myth, an old story?
I'm sorry I'm going where you can't follow
Truly I am but still
Remember that you were loved by me
My dreams I must fulfill
Tell me friend-
do you feel it too?
Will you miss me as much as I'll miss you?
Jessica Lockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me Friend by Jessica Lockhart )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Rita Dove
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver