Tell Me Friend
I was not expecting this much hurt
From such a simple goodbye
Will I able to say what I feel?
For you, my friend, I will try.
The day we first met I did not think
You would mean this much to me
But I guess that is what friendship is
Unspoken connections meant to be
So tell me friend, when I am gone
Promise you'll never forget me
Or will I become a forgotten song?
A legend, a myth, an old story?
I'm sorry I'm going where you can't follow
Truly I am but still
Remember that you were loved by me
My dreams I must fulfill
Tell me friend-
do you feel it too?
Will you miss me as much as I'll miss you?
Jessica Lockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell Me Friend by Jessica Lockhart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Lead me to truth, Tiku akp
- Tries To Be Silent, Rohit Sapra
- Lalua's Speeches & Lectures, Who Hears T.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- WAR HORSES, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Buffalomen Too Leaders In Bihar, Those W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Lily In The Valley, Dexsta Ray
- Lallu And Kallu Two Rustic Ministers Fro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unsatisfaction, The Moonlighter
- een onmogelijk toekomst, co the skipper
- Hey, Mister Sadducee!, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan