Lawrence S. Pertillar
Temptations Conveniently Hidden
It doesn't always pay to stay up-to-date,
And fresh with a keeping abreast...
Of the current fashion craze raising eyebrows.
Or what today is considered to be the 'latest'...
That introduces the next phase of an ongoing rage.
Since even today there are some with beliefs,
Emailing, cellphones and texting are passing fads.
And downloading sex is something done by sinners.
'Will I be forgiven...
If I carry my temptations,
Conveniently hidden in my pocket? '
There are so many still afraid and stuck in yesterday.
And anything mentioned brought to their attention,
That another considers they should focus upon and comprehend...
Immediately becomes something some find to be offensive.
With defense mechanisms taken to protect,
Concepts of correctness and standards valued left...
Dusting but kept to address,
When those 'Use to be' days are topics of discussion..
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Temptations Conveniently Hidden by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Without a Knife You Can Kill, Toshie Nohara
- Always under a shadow, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)