Thank you Mom.
Thank you for a childhood others only dream of,
Thank you for the hugs and kisses, the discipline and love.
Thank you for the breakfast, lunch, and dinners,
for all those many (fourteen) years,
Thank you for sharing my joys, and wiping away my tears.
Thank you for being such a good nurse and fixing a scraped knee.
Thank you for a brother and sister who are so dear and sweet,
Thank you for taking care of me.
So many thank to you, I cannot count them all,
Thank you for being there every time I 'd call.
Thank you for being my friend, every day of my life.
I am sure that's what makes me happy as a son
But, Alas! You are no more to see
me how happy I am
Everyday day I used to find you
among the stars,
I love you Mom.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank you Mom. by Mahfooz Ali )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mary Elizabeth Frye
(13 November, 1905 - 15 September 2004)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Wingfoot Lake, Rita Dove
Poem of the Day
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski