Thank you Mom.
Thank you for a childhood others only dream of,
Thank you for the hugs and kisses, the discipline and love.
Thank you for the breakfast, lunch, and dinners,
for all those many (fourteen) years,
Thank you for sharing my joys, and wiping away my tears.
Thank you for being such a good nurse and fixing a scraped knee.
Thank you for a brother and sister who are so dear and sweet,
Thank you for taking care of me.
So many thank to you, I cannot count them all,
Thank you for being there every time I 'd call.
Thank you for being my friend, every day of my life.
I am sure that's what makes me happy as a son
But, Alas! You are no more to see
me how happy I am
Everyday day I used to find you
among the stars,
I love you Mom.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank you Mom. by Mahfooz Ali )
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i laugh for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)