Thank you Mom.
Thank you for a childhood others only dream of,
Thank you for the hugs and kisses, the discipline and love.
Thank you for the breakfast, lunch, and dinners,
for all those many (fourteen) years,
Thank you for sharing my joys, and wiping away my tears.
Thank you for being such a good nurse and fixing a scraped knee.
Thank you for a brother and sister who are so dear and sweet,
Thank you for taking care of me.
So many thank to you, I cannot count them all,
Thank you for being there every time I 'd call.
Thank you for being my friend, every day of my life.
I am sure that's what makes me happy as a son
But, Alas! You are no more to see
me how happy I am
Everyday day I used to find you
among the stars,
I love you Mom.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank you Mom. by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis