Thank You, My Darling
Thank you for giving my life meaning,
But even more for making our life possible.
Since we met, I have never felt alone.
Happiness is knowing that you are close by.
Your presence has made this house a home.
Ceilings, walls and floors are not bound
By nails and cement as much as by your love.
Paint and adornments are lifeless
Without the warmth of your presence.
Thank you for being your wonderful self
And being so generous to share life with me.
My only regret is that each passing year
With you at my side seems to rush faster.
My joy is that forever we will share life.
For this wonder I will always be grateful.
Gregory Huyette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You, My Darling by Gregory Huyette )
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Temptation, Misty Wills
- Lust, Tania Montgomery
- I catch in there plummet:, Mark Heathcote
- Old Man with Baggy Specs, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Gamesome Boy, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Beauty In The Seeing, Richard Provencher
- ADDRESS TO AN ONION, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)