Thank You, My Darling
Thank you for giving my life meaning,
But even more for making our life possible.
Since we met, I have never felt alone.
Happiness is knowing that you are close by.
Your presence has made this house a home.
Ceilings, walls and floors are not bound
By nails and cement as much as by your love.
Paint and adornments are lifeless
Without the warmth of your presence.
Thank you for being your wonderful self
And being so generous to share life with me.
My only regret is that each passing year
With you at my side seems to rush faster.
My joy is that forever we will share life.
For this wonder I will always be grateful.
Gregory Huyette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You, My Darling by Gregory Huyette )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Soju, Ronald Chapman
- Lies and Deception, Eric Martinez
- 5.6.1940, Ewen Morrison
- World Leprosy Day يوم مرض الجذام العالمي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Troubadour of Dawn, Terry Dawson
- Crystal, April Humason
- Blue Sunday Lane, Richard Allen Beevor
- Nolocaust, oskar hansen
- Finally doing It, Angell Afinowi
- Fighting a hard fight, Peter Strugnell