Thank You, My Darling
Thank you for giving my life meaning,
But even more for making our life possible.
Since we met, I have never felt alone.
Happiness is knowing that you are close by.
Your presence has made this house a home.
Ceilings, walls and floors are not bound
By nails and cement as much as by your love.
Paint and adornments are lifeless
Without the warmth of your presence.
Thank you for being your wonderful self
And being so generous to share life with me.
My only regret is that each passing year
With you at my side seems to rush faster.
My joy is that forever we will share life.
For this wonder I will always be grateful.
Gregory Huyette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You, My Darling by Gregory Huyette )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 December 1797 – 17 February 1856)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Hiding under speechless thoughts, Yisel Chong
- Matthias Pantaleon III, Matthias Pantaleon
- What Happens?, David Lewis Paget
- Noticing Children's Behaviors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Girl From My School, Matthias Pantaleon
- Reading and writing, gajanan mishra
- Rasheeda, Matthias Pantaleon
- Sit and think, hasmukh amathalal
- Katleho, Matthias Pantaleon
- Right place any time, hasmukh amathalal