That Fellow Moon (Ghazal)
When I first saw you, I felt a hello-moon,
Like I was phasing into a tallow moon,
Sitting in a chair/hands moving/crocheting,
And I longed only for your allow-me moon.
A sweater, scarf – I really didn’t notice.
My eyes were still hazy with a sallow moon.
Watching your fingers back and forth back and forth.
My swaying and shimmering with a jello-moon,
Wanting to learn the warp of your creating,
Caught up in the glowing of a halo-moon.
Teach me teach me how your Christmas fingers fly.
I’m ripe for learning/spring in this fallow moon.
Drawn into your eyes I feel their allure.
Ben, said I, it’s time/forget that fellow moon.
This was published online by The Ghazal Page in April,2008.
Go to: www.ghazalpage.net/2008/2008_april.html
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Fellow Moon (Ghazal) by Ben Gieske )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise