The 27th of May
From the very early morning
my phone is buzzing with calls,
I answer them today all.
More than that: my computer is hanging
sprinkling me with messages and SMS.
My mailbox is groaning because of loading
but it’s ok for today,
somehow my electronic friend will survive
giving me a drive to hive
in my alive computer
which looks today even cuter
or more like a beehive.
And it seems today I will revive.
So you ask me why?
Here is my reply:
Today on the 27th of May is my birthday.
This is my favorite holiday
which I celebrate every year
without any fear that I become older.
I get presents, good wishes, attention,
nobody mentions my age,
I feel like being on a stage.
May be it sounds a bit egotistic
but I love this day
and for me it is just poetic.
At least once a year I can feel like that
without any regret of the passing years.
I was curious to know
who else was born on this day
and have seen a slide show:
poets and writers, actors and artists….
But the biggest surprise was:
Buddha Purnima, the creator of Buddhism
Was born on the 27th of May.
It is hard to believe today.
Another interesting fact:
Catherine the Great on the 27th of May
Had written a decree
To construct a city Odessa
In the Hadzhibay area,
Now my terra is here.
And my name Larisa means seagull
My parents had chosen it for me
To sail in the sea of life
With a reliable scull.
So, today on the 27th of May
I proclaim Laura's Day. Hurray!
Don’t be afraid to send me messages, love and kisses,
My computer will accept them all,
And under my control will write on your walls:
Love you! Kiss and hug you,
And many thanks to all without end my dear friends.
Larisa Rzepishevska (Odessa, Ukraine)
Larisa Rzhepishevska's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The 27th of May by Larisa Rzhepishevska )
- Behind The Mountains, Bismark Sosu
- Sonnet # 530, Luis Estable
- Jesus saw something in me that others fa.., Royston Allen
- Seasons Away, Bismark Sosu
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- The Bench, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)