The Chosen One
A house built on a splendid beach,
To watch the rising of the sun,
And gentle waves would come up to reach,
The feet of the chosen one.
But the beach turned treacherous you see,
And the sands would shift and slide,
And enormous waves came from the sea,
And took the house out with the tide.
Heart broken then the chosen one,
Sat on the beach and just took stock.
And saw what the sea had done,
And thought ' next time I'll build on rock '
7/23/10 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Chosen One by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- i'll explain this later, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson
- A Critique, Sandra Feldman