Salem, the home of all good people's like a god in heaven.
People with good faith on Jesus and were proud of their leaven.
It was bright and sunny day with a blue sky.
Abigail and her friends were coughed dancing in the forest and tries to overfly.
Naked Abigail and chicken in her hand, drinking blood madly.
All the girls ran away and minister started to think sadly.
Minister was hopeless so, he asked about the accident to Abigail.
Young minister was invited to research about witchcraft, whose name was John Hale.
Abigail started to spread her bitter lies all around the town of Salem.
All the girls were forced to be silent by Abigail so, people think that they are ambivalent.
Tituba was accused as a witch in Salem for the first time.
Day by day many people were accused and Abigail said the world is mine.
Judge Danforth was confused about all of these witchcrafts trials.
Mr. Proctor knows that Abigail is accusing her wife too, which was her only goal.
Innocent Rebecca, Elizabeth and even Mr. Proctor were accused.
Good name of Proctor was not there anymore in a town of Salem.
Peace land of Salem is now land of devil like Abigail.
Many innocent people were hanged and many others were paled.
Few people were with Proctor, but not a god because the god was already dead.
Proctor was hanged along with other innocent people as the story of a Crucible said.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (THE CRUCIBLE by Ananda Adhikari )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(1924 - 2000)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes
- Affection for, hasmukh amathalal
- Not a jungle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal