Kavya S Babu
The dead eyes...
Years passed, death is aside
face wrinkled and mind ruptured
the legendary life is at its last breath
Did I see life? I wonder!
With the power of speech
stood erect over all counter voice
scattered all round, own concepts
My eyes, ...were they lively?
Conveyed my life of tragic journey
contested with my kids, simply
to make the old dominant over all
Without seeing life, how dare were I?
Time is up, eyes are lazy
mind got heavy and worthless now
the beats are being counted, no more time..
eyes....over them lay piled my guilt!
Kavya S Babu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The dead eyes... by Kavya S Babu )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 November 1771 – 30 April 1854)
- Mark Strand
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Infinite Love, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Christmas Tale, Gergana Teofilova
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland
- Not Yet Slept, Michael P. McParland
- No Other, Michael P. McParland
- Blue Hope, maryline vautravers
- No More Yelling, Michael P. McParland
- No Greater Love, Michael P. McParland
- Nightlife, Michael P. McParland
- Never Ending, Michael P. McParland