Kavya S Babu
The dead eyes...
Years passed, death is aside
face wrinkled and mind ruptured
the legendary life is at its last breath
Did I see life? I wonder!
With the power of speech
stood erect over all counter voice
scattered all round, own concepts
My eyes, ...were they lively?
Conveyed my life of tragic journey
contested with my kids, simply
to make the old dominant over all
Without seeing life, how dare were I?
Time is up, eyes are lazy
mind got heavy and worthless now
the beats are being counted, no more time..
eyes....over them lay piled my guilt!
Kavya S Babu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The dead eyes... by Kavya S Babu )
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)