The Despicable Man
You were my boss
I was beneath you and never above you.
I respected you and worshipped the ground you walked on.
I enjoyed our professionalism.
I helped ease your workloads and I met your constant demands.
Your wish was my command!
So... why did you see me as a threat?
You’re the one with the power
I am beneath you remember.
You pushed me out of the door.
I didn’t do anything wrong.
You disrespected me. It was so unfair
Not even a leaving card or a thank you card.
No dignity whatsoever.
Were you trying to knock down my self confidence?
Was this your objective? Or even a hidden agenda?
Who is really the winner and who is the loser? ?
So many unanswered questions.
I feel betrayed….
Why did you do it?
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Despicable Man by Premila Patel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am Just So Glad, Rohit Sapra
- The Rain(বৃষ্টি), Bhaskar Rabha
- Vistas, Odell Shepard
- Earth-Born, Odell Shepard
- An Old Inn By The Sea, Odell Shepard
- WeltMeisterSchaft (poem is in English!), Stephen Wylie
- Drunken Magistrate, Ravindra Kumar
- FOR A DESIRABLE WORLD, Satish Verma
- A Love Mathematics, Ebi Robert
- Ne emer tee drejtesise, skender iljaz braka