The Despicable Man
You were my boss
I was beneath you and never above you.
I respected you and worshipped the ground you walked on.
I enjoyed our professionalism.
I helped ease your workloads and I met your constant demands.
Your wish was my command!
So... why did you see me as a threat?
You’re the one with the power
I am beneath you remember.
You pushed me out of the door.
I didn’t do anything wrong.
You disrespected me. It was so unfair
Not even a leaving card or a thank you card.
No dignity whatsoever.
Were you trying to knock down my self confidence?
Was this your objective? Or even a hidden agenda?
Who is really the winner and who is the loser? ?
So many unanswered questions.
I feel betrayed….
Why did you do it?
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Despicable Man by Premila Patel )
- You Speak to Me, Lukie Pieterse
- I LOVED HER, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love Overpowers All, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- BY THE WATER TOWER., Terry Collett
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)