The Marriage under the Autumn Garden
Welcome to the auspicious marriage ceremony under the fresh autumn garden...
The scent of autumn as it lingers and disperses into the soft chill of the air.
Almost feels like somebody has perfumed the musky air.
The feeling of love all around you as it strongly evolves and whirlwinds into this prosperous atmosphere.
The Ivory sky sending down a special message of such a pretty life.
What a day of joy and real beauty as two lovers have come to express their undying love under the magnificent yellow autumn garden…
The big auburn crispy & yellow leaves fly and crackle on the floor as eager footsteps enter this marriage under the tall arched ebony trees.
The brunette conkers scattered on the floor as if someone has polished them especially for today.
Many hidden but still vivid under the distinctive shiny leaves.
As the couple have completed their vows, the groom kisses the bride.
The yellow garden is then sprayed heavily with pastel colours of pink, blue, green and white confetti.
A captivated contrast! What a picture!
The bride does something unusual she throws her gold leafed crown across the garden then all of a sudden a curious baby deer runs by.... And her crown lands on its tall hooves……
Great laughter and cheers then fill the air.
What an unexpected surprise!
The perfect marriage under the Autumn Garden! ....
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Marriage under the Autumn Garden by Premila Patel )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)