Luis Alberto Riveros
The ever changing truth
What color is the sun?
it is the million dollar question
the right answer, will get the prize
there is no “catch” in disguise!
It is red! No, yellow …
it is white as light even mellow!
those were the common answers
moving the voting pole as dancers
even orange named as a color
gave the contest a bad odor
Religions and philosophies appeared
supporting their own ideas
“Sun is red, ” had greater appeal
that belief was a big deal
“Sun is yellow” had the proof
but it was nothing but a goof
“Sun is white” had no bite
among the big ideologies in fight
The contest came to an end
the judges delivered their mend:
“single answers are good but delusion
together they bring the right conclusion! ”
The Sun has all those colors
for time is the incognito victor
squeezing that beloved truth
as a boa constrictor!
The truth is not a still picture
hidden in concepts and definitions
the truth is beyond all traditions
It is a continuous movie
on how a red Sun becomes orange
from light white and then yellow
just to unite all thinking fellows!
Luis Alberto Riveros's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The ever changing truth by Luis Alberto Riveros )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid