The eyes of Love!
I see you standing there.
My mind goes into autopilot judgement mode.
Unaware of your past. I judge your future.
Forgive me bearded man with the sad, sad eyes.
I am no different from you.
A Life full of hopes and dreams.
Mistakes and falls.
My heart today breaks for you.
the lost dreams and visions that danced in your head when you were a wee child?
They still burn!
Teach me to understand.
I will not hold your hand as you walk this path.
But I will reach down and try to lift you up.
Oh bearded man with the sad, sad eyes. I almost missed you.
For I am looking into the eyes of my father.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The eyes of Love! by Vonda Overlie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen