The Fading Clouds
The fading clouds
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh, the dweller of ‘Vijay Top’
Thine downy appearance hath a mystic path
Your angelic grace is born of
A mate less mother, celestial froth.
Fumes that arise from a fathomless deep
Sweep through the cosmos and merge within lights
What errands do you mystify and why do you creep?
Over sun-smitten cliffs, and sunken heights.
I explore the waterless oceans
Winged by a crushing will, over-burning desire
Break through the mystery of life in cherished fire
And melt off my own nature and traditions.
Your fading frame over wading cries
Beyond the skies and where souls’ habitation lies.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -x- - - - - - - - - - - - x- - - - - - - - -
All rights reserved/June 1959/B N Kaul
Tribhawan Kaul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Fading Clouds by Tribhawan Kaul )
Did you read them?
- Stepping Into Your Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- this poem, Bull Hawking
- Revealed From Pretentions Concealed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)