The girl you know
The face of the girl you know,
is painted with sadness,
her thoughts are tainted with shadows.
you know how much each pain has
made a new hole in her chest,
seeming to dissolve her heart into a bliss.
you can see how the nightmares
have haunted her sleep.
in her eyes, you see the battering
that the soul has had.
Yet in her smile you see the hope she feels
to be free of the darkness once again.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The girl you know by Anne Unknown )
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash