The girl you know
The face of the girl you know,
is painted with sadness,
her thoughts are tainted with shadows.
you know how much each pain has
made a new hole in her chest,
seeming to dissolve her heart into a bliss.
you can see how the nightmares
have haunted her sleep.
in her eyes, you see the battering
that the soul has had.
Yet in her smile you see the hope she feels
to be free of the darkness once again.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The girl you know by Anne Unknown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Candid Portrait Of War, Dilantha Gunawardana
- An Apparatus, Keith Waldrop
- Advances, Keith Waldrop
- Majesty, Keith Waldrop
- In a Spring Still Not Written Of, Robert Wallace
- Giacometti's Dog, Robert Wallace
- Dearest Sister, Kaila George
- Wounded for me, Royston Allen
- A Soldiers Lament, Phil Soar
- The Sloth, Phil Soar