The Here and Now
The wonderful sphere of this 'PRESENT' time
Where eternity always lies.
The truth of the beautiful 'HERE AND NOW'
Often stays hidden before our eyes.
We need release from guilt of the past.
Our future should never hold dread.
But how to obtain that magic domain
What has to be done, or said.?
Come with me to the place of 'JUST BE'
Which will always remain in wait
For such as we, who long to be free.
Let's hasten, and not hesitate.
Just put to the test the power of 'NOW'.
Let attention rest solely there.
Not allowing the mind to think - just unwind
And discover a time free from care.
Or imagine small gaps between the clouds.
SEE the vividness of that blue.
Say, inwardly - -'NOW' - and the power of the NOW
Will open it's timelessness too.
Let's stay in that place as long as we dare.
Experience the bliss NOW will bring.
Visit if often-- and soon we will find
Our hearts will learn well how to sing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Here and Now by Fay Slimm )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)