The Jack's Spot
He got the jackpot and thought he had the whole plot,
The pot got diminished; he had hit a jack's spot,
Life was hot, but too short.
A gun was the solution; he grabbed it and took a shot!
He made himself a barbeque; an extreme blood clot.
Stains indelible; no further paint blot.
Deluge of tears that deluded the family lot.
Without the Jack there was no living pot;
Hopelessness and no resort; malnutrition struck like body shots.
The whole family ended on the Jack's spot.
I wish he had used the jackpot to make himself Jack Hot.
Horror! ! ! !
Elwin Mwangi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Jack's Spot by Elwin Mwangi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Free in doing, gajanan mishra
- The manners to follow while elders get u.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Zerschlagene Heart:, Sherry Painter
- Haiku- Oh flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Addiction, Jared Hirsch
- Exceptional, gajanan mishra
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones