The Liberals are so accustomed to power they just wait,
They feel sure that eventually there will be an election date,
And when they get back in, they’ll do just like they did before,
Absolutely nothing until they are again kicked out the door.
Therefore we need a law to impose set election dates,
But there is no way this will be discussed or come up for debate,
Because all our elected politicians want nothing to change,
They want to stay in Ottawa for ever and why should that be strange?
The idea of referendums is absolutely forbidden,
Or political recall by constituents is also well hidden,
And first-past-the-post system is there forever to stay,
And those of you who want changes just better walk away.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Liberals by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer