The moment I am in
What an artist God is, hear how music rings sweet in the ear and reaches the soul’s core…making bad spirits flee.
All colors imaginable in sky, land, animal, water, plant
What a beautiful thing life is
I want to explore it, know it, and introduce myself
I want to live and live a full life
Not one immersed in wealth and finery
A life of simplistic pleasures, exploring the depth of my being, nurturing that gift as our Lord intended
I want to live, I want to feel hard, love intensely, and cry till I have no more tears
I want to dance with a stranger, hold him close…look into his eyes and give him my heart even if for a moment in a rhythmic union
I want to feel the pain of child birth as I push out a part of myself
A self to live on after I am gone
I want to plant a seed and see it grow, get my hands dirty in the sand and wait patiently for it to bear fruit
I want to walk in the rain by the shore, to hear the sound of wild angry waves yet feel cool splashes of rain on my skin…..to be cleansed and inspired at the same time.
I want to acknowledge my own weakness as I hear loud thunder, torrent rain and violent wind.
I want to sing my heart out, to no one in particular, perhaps stand on top of a mountain and hear my voice echo.
I want to live and live hard.
Finally in death my ashes will become one with earth, the home of life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moment I am in by Serwaah Debrah )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL