The moment I am in
What an artist God is, hear how music rings sweet in the ear and reaches the soul’s core…making bad spirits flee.
All colors imaginable in sky, land, animal, water, plant
What a beautiful thing life is
I want to explore it, know it, and introduce myself
I want to live and live a full life
Not one immersed in wealth and finery
A life of simplistic pleasures, exploring the depth of my being, nurturing that gift as our Lord intended
I want to live, I want to feel hard, love intensely, and cry till I have no more tears
I want to dance with a stranger, hold him close…look into his eyes and give him my heart even if for a moment in a rhythmic union
I want to feel the pain of child birth as I push out a part of myself
A self to live on after I am gone
I want to plant a seed and see it grow, get my hands dirty in the sand and wait patiently for it to bear fruit
I want to walk in the rain by the shore, to hear the sound of wild angry waves yet feel cool splashes of rain on my skin…..to be cleansed and inspired at the same time.
I want to acknowledge my own weakness as I hear loud thunder, torrent rain and violent wind.
I want to sing my heart out, to no one in particular, perhaps stand on top of a mountain and hear my voice echo.
I want to live and live hard.
Finally in death my ashes will become one with earth, the home of life.
Serwaah Debrah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The moment I am in by Serwaah Debrah )
- Nightmarish Creatures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Conception, Sandra Feldman
- THE GIFT OF A FRIEND, Hibah Shabkhez
- Future Quality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An Idea, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Emotional Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Sonnet, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- Another Reflective Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kitten, Hanh Chau
- Thought Pebbles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 9 63)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)