Last night I saw the beauty from his eyes
Only for 10 minutes, flawless in disguise
A mask upon his face, and all they saw was pretty
But not his soul, just a little ditty.
They all sang the song for the prince
Because he was so charming, not in defense
But I heard his song, the melody
He sang for himself, just like a remedy.
He thinks that I am deaf, but I can hear
That he is broken, alone and lives in fear
That someone will understand and give him love
And he doesn’t want that although he needs it.
He is stubborn, he doesn’t want to see
That behind some bodies, there are souls meant to be
Forever, together, I don’t say it’s about me
But why are you so afraid of what we could be?
I said that I don’t like you
But I really do, I do, I do! !
The infinite for you, I do, I do, I do
Please forgive my weakness… but it’s you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Night by Elena Gabriela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Account, Czeslaw Milosz
Poem of the Day
- Winds Of Winter, Luo Zhihai
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum