Last night I saw the beauty from his eyes
Only for 10 minutes, flawless in disguise
A mask upon his face, and all they saw was pretty
But not his soul, just a little ditty.
They all sang the song for the prince
Because he was so charming, not in defense
But I heard his song, the melody
He sang for himself, just like a remedy.
He thinks that I am deaf, but I can hear
That he is broken, alone and lives in fear
That someone will understand and give him love
And he doesn’t want that although he needs it.
He is stubborn, he doesn’t want to see
That behind some bodies, there are souls meant to be
Forever, together, I don’t say it’s about me
But why are you so afraid of what we could be?
I said that I don’t like you
But I really do, I do, I do! !
The infinite for you, I do, I do, I do
Please forgive my weakness… but it’s you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Night by Elena Gabriela )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI