The Old Age Creak
It's not just my house that is creaking.
My bones have also started speaking.
My aches and pains are a 'clamoring.
I yell "stop your incessant yammering."
They just laugh back at me cause I'm old.
When I was young, they weren't so bold!
Back when I was younger and full of vigor,
There was not a peep or even a snicker.
But now that I am old, tired, and weak,
They're nothing but chatterboxes with cheek.
And it doesn't take much to get them all going.
A slight move or shift and they're off crowing.
The only song they know is the OLD AGE CREAK.
I hope they all get laryngitis sometime this week! !
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Old Age Creak by Elena Plotkin )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov