The Old Age Creak
It's not just my house that is creaking.
My bones have also started speaking.
My aches and pains are a 'clamoring.
I yell "stop your incessant yammering."
They just laugh back at me cause I'm old.
When I was young, they weren't so bold!
Back when I was younger and full of vigor,
There was not a peep or even a snicker.
But now that I am old, tired, and weak,
They're nothing but chatterboxes with cheek.
And it doesn't take much to get them all going.
A slight move or shift and they're off crowing.
The only song they know is the OLD AGE CREAK.
I hope they all get laryngitis sometime this week! !
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Old Age Creak by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ah Fountains Of Thoughts, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- The Hunting Of Dark Angel, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Cracks, petra pen
- FAITH, GREED & INTEGRITY, Tom Zart
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Security Is A Pain, John deVries
- Simply Spoken Melting Crystals, Heather Burns
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dream, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- I work to cure but think about sweet Swe.., Nyota Yasulwe