Peter Daniel Phiri
How come you smile?
With so much pain in your soul?
How come you look sad? ,
With so much love in your heart?
Why do you whisper?
When your spirit is roaring like a lion?
Why is it then?
That silent tears find their way on a beautiful face like yours?
How come you are a miracle that needs another miracle?
How come you give more than what you have?
And take less than what you need?
How come you shine and glow like the sun?
And yet so cold and still like the night?
Why is it your love is dangerously bittersweet?
How is it that your lips smile more than they talk?
How come they think you are crazy?
When I see wits and genius scibbled across your face?
How come we are seen together?
Yet we are worlds apart.
And why is it then? ,
That I can't answer any of these questions?
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Question by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Orpheus Alone, Mark Strand
- Loss of species., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Knurd, Alexander Onoja
- My Life, Mark Strand
- In Celebration, Mark Strand
- Coming to This, Mark Strand
- "The Dreadful Has Already Happened&.., Mark Strand
- Sing Into The Wind, Margaret Alice Second
- Things are where they should be, Robert Steven Martin
- Preference her own, Pranab K. Chakraborty