The century passed and we were
On the threshold of new millennium
And heading towards the Millennium Dome:
The dignity and pride of Greenwich.
The young men gathered in throngs
On several spots along the way,
They all were cheering, dancing,
Wrapped in ecstasy, their feet linked
With the strokes of music;
One of the singers
Suddenly asked me where I was from,
And on my response he began to sing
With the new altered tune,
All of them chanted Pakistan! Pakistan!
I too was thrilled with happiness and pride,
My eyes began to shed the tears of twin feelings,
On the recognition
Of myself and my motherland.
Shahida Latif's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Recognition by Shahida Latif )
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai
- Beauty Rarely, Casey Renee Kiser
- Smiles, Shawn Montgomery
- Red is hot, gajanan mishra
- Darker BLues, Charles Hice
- Everything extraordinary, gajanan mishra
- Without Tear, Neela Nath
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra
- Vicious circle, Jole Hans
- Get your body and mind back, O men, gajanan mishra