The Story of Love
Attraction initiates wondrous feelings
That may come at the very first encounter,
And further on with the mutual nearing
Communication would fill the gap there.
Commitment then unites the promise
A bond brings two beings to become one,
The first years are spent in utter bliss
But when struggles come, the love is undone.
Revealing of flaws, in time may surface
To test resolve in the view of changes,
And the reasons to love may be hard to trace
In the midst of storms and life's challenges.
And so as gold passes through the fire
The reasons for loving slowly become clear
Love, purified from the dross of desire-
Now shows its true meaning through the years.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'The longer one loves, the more one understands why one loves.'
Comments about this poem (The Story of Love by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Angels on t he Shoulder, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Your Face, Eleonor Santiago
- You are, Ronnie Rox
- Could Been Girl That Died Today, Adeosun Olamide
- Wrestling Through Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildworld, Denis Martindale
- A Father's Miscarriage, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Howling From Tomorrow, Steven Rhoads
- Manhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns