The Story of Love
Attraction initiates wondrous feelings
That may come at the very first encounter,
And further on with the mutual nearing
Communication would fill the gap there.
Commitment then unites the promise
A bond brings two beings to become one,
The first years are spent in utter bliss
But when struggles come, the love is undone.
Revealing of flaws, in time may surface
To test resolve in the view of changes,
And the reasons to love may be hard to trace
In the midst of storms and life's challenges.
And so as gold passes through the fire
The reasons for loving slowly become clear
Love, purified from the dross of desire-
Now shows its true meaning through the years.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'The longer one loves, the more one understands why one loves.'
Comments about this poem (The Story of Love by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
- Blue Matter, Stacy L. Mar
- Dont dance my body, onzia dan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns