The Story of Love
Attraction initiates wondrous feelings
That may come at the very first encounter,
And further on with the mutual nearing
Communication would fill the gap there.
Commitment then unites the promise
A bond brings two beings to become one,
The first years are spent in utter bliss
But when struggles come, the love is undone.
Revealing of flaws, in time may surface
To test resolve in the view of changes,
And the reasons to love may be hard to trace
In the midst of storms and life's challenges.
And so as gold passes through the fire
The reasons for loving slowly become clear
Love, purified from the dross of desire-
Now shows its true meaning through the years.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
'The longer one loves, the more one understands why one loves.'
Comments about this poem (The Story of Love by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Giving, MYK NWACHUKWU
- Where is the Sun, Madeline Sandy
- Business Case, MYK NWACHUKWU
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle