The Tourist's Rap?
The walkers walk the walk of those before,
no matter, be they local.... or from far.
They talk the talk, but not all know the core.
Not all can see the soil’s inward star.
The hillside’s and the valleys’ roadside’s gems,
may punctuate our memories at length?
They cannot show to all from where it stems.
They cannot show from where we find the strength.
The locals and the visitors alike,
turn blind eyes to the stark reality.
Can any reconstructed dry-stane dike,
reflectively, in truth be Quality.
In some ways we abhor, ”Tourists”’ invasions...
And yet we all conform to these conservative frustrations?
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Tourist's Rap? by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn