To me you are a wave;
never here, never there!
You are –still- nowhere!
dragging, then fleeing away,
you swiftly spread- like a deadly plague,
on the run for the Other Soil, your destination's vague!
from far and wide,
in my seized eye,
you’re a rebellious tide-
in an eternal glide.
Insistent, impatient, then a restless errant,
you must be calm in heart, fretful just in act!
And I now know, the sea of regret- is your native land.
Yes, you are an unruly tide!
So always on the ride,
in an eternal glide!
But one night,
I will wear a mask-
made of the thirst-
of the remotest shores,
and their desert islands.
And I’ll capture you- in my absorbing sands,
forever far away- from your naval natal lands.
Translation: Maryam Dilmaghani, July 2006, Montreal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wave by Forough Farrokhzad )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram
- Almost a Fairy Tale, Lawrence Beck
- www at put up words, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Longing, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Cynicism….The Only One, James B. Earley
- The Beauty of Poetry, Lilly Emery