The Way It Used To Be
I miss those gorgeous days.
Of beautiful sun and a feeling that life had just begun.
A look into your eyes,
It was then I truly dropped my disguise.
You always saw through to my greatest depths.
The most precious words came to my lips.
To tell you how your beauty touched me so,
your soul had taught me true love to know,
what heaven was like my mind it did truly blow.
The way it used to be.
When I'd look into your eyes and truly see,
What purity in loving bliss,
upon your memory a tender kiss.
Those were the days of shining love.
A depth of truth from up above.
In my chest a swell of pride,
for when I saw you all my hate did die.
You taught me love you taught me truth,
but now I sit here without you.
I want it now the way it used to be.
When you'd sit right here and talk to me.
Our hopes our dreams,
oh my God your precious deeds.
You are my queen,
you are my soul.
Without you now I'm lost and cold.
I wish it was the way it used to be.
Perhaps one day we will succeed.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Topic(s): missing you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Way It Used To Be by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley