The We in Me
here I stare
At the wall right over there
“With no paintings? ”
Yes, it's bare!
Any way, how do you fare?
“I am well, ”
My only friend!
“You're talking to myself again”
now I wake and I lie in bed and shake
“Oh, calm down! ” Give me a break!
It's your fault – the noise you make!
“I am you, ”
“My only friend! ”
I'm talking to yourself again
Murder? Murder? No - I'm framed!
Hear that voice? The voice I blame!
“They can't hear me.”
What a shame I do not think I like this game
“I am sad, ”
My only friend,
“We got me in trouble again”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The We in Me by Justin Boyd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland