The We in Me
here I stare
At the wall right over there
“With no paintings? ”
Yes, it's bare!
Any way, how do you fare?
“I am well, ”
My only friend!
“You're talking to myself again”
now I wake and I lie in bed and shake
“Oh, calm down! ” Give me a break!
It's your fault – the noise you make!
“I am you, ”
“My only friend! ”
I'm talking to yourself again
Murder? Murder? No - I'm framed!
Hear that voice? The voice I blame!
“They can't hear me.”
What a shame I do not think I like this game
“I am sad, ”
My only friend,
“We got me in trouble again”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The We in Me by Justin Boyd )
- A Carpet On The Ground, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Regrets, hannah wilbert
- Zones Of Pleasure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Real friend, gajanan mishra
- Looking out his window, hannah wilbert
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
- Special Meanings Spoken, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Best Thing, Gerry Legister
- Burn, Your Eyes, Josh Terpening
- In a Dark Dark Room on Halloween, Eve Carter
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)