No, it won’t do, my sweet theologians.
Desire will not save the morality of God.
If he created beings able to choose between good and evil,
And they chose, and the world lies in iniquity,
Nevertheless, there is pain, and the undeserved torture of creatures,
Which would find its explanation only by assuming
The existence of an archetypal Paradise
And a pre-human downfall so grave
That the world of matter received its shape from diabolic power.
Czeslaw Milosz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Theodicy by Czeslaw Milosz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sweet Babe, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- La cura' el mate, Leónidas Lamborghini
- Cymbal of time, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- বিবেকের দংশন, Amitava Sur
- ., John Daniel Thieme
- Who is my Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- World is my mother, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Be Positive, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Night Within, tolu ogundare
- Unfulfilled Dream, Zillur Rahman Shuvro