'There Are Tricks In The Treats! '
Been on a diet for most the year
now Halloweens around the corner.
Bought a bag of mini candy bars for the kids
but looked like, just what my weight Doctor ordered.
There seems to be a trick however, in these sugary treats!
For beneath those wrappers of chocolaty delights
comes more calories and fat with everyone I eat!
So I guess the tricks on me you see?
Thought I could get away with it.
Now I'll just have to pour them in a bowl
and let the Treaters enjoy, their candy sugary trick!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('There Are Tricks In The Treats! ' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Love Forever, Sandra Feldman
- Feeling Love, Ronald Chapman
- Hussein, Nassy Fesharaki