They Call Me Mbasa.
Sometimes I wonder why I was called by that name. Mbasa is my name.
I compare the past with the present situations. Mbasa is my name.
When am disturbed I need not to talk. Mbasa is my name.
I watch my empty CD's to get relief. Mbasa is my name.
I sometimes read the news paper upside down. Mbasa is my name.
You may sense insanity but all isn’t, because they call me Mbasa.
Luck, all comes my way because I am blessed. Proud I am.
Love, all comes my way because I am treasured. Proud I am.
Respect just my way because I give it due. Proud I am.
Loyalty bounces back just to me because I still give it due. Proud I am.
Honesty knocks to my way just because I am honest. Proud I am.
Why not try this one day, just for your name? Coz mine is Mbasa.
ckim mbasa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Call Me Mbasa. by ckim mbasa )
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns