Alessandra Liverani (Wollongong, Australia)
This Is A Test Only
You're sitting at your desk, trying to concentrate
When suddenly the loudspeaker crackles with a voice that just can't wait
THIS IS A TEST ONLY, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE
You then sit waiting expectantly, just a little bit on edge
For the certain piercing screech of the office fire alarm
It is warning you to leave, so that you'll stay out of harm
Yet you stubbornly stay put, continue working at your desk
Because you know that this is just merely a test
So when you here the urgent ringing of the nicotine bell
I suggest you just stay put, you'd really be as well
Because there is no fire that's going to cause you harm
It is a test only, an extremely false alarm
(Sydney, Australia - 2003)
Poet Other Poems
- - Jiving in the Jungle : : Humour
- - Cama Cama Cama Cama Cama Not a Lion::...
- - In The Garden: : Humour
- - Item Six, A Bag Of Nothing: : Humour
- - Lemon Pepper Sauce: : Humour
- - A Storm In A Teacup: : Humour
- - Am I a Spoodle: : Humour
- - Blind Fear: : Humour, Inspiration
- - Brassed Off: : Humour
- - Bronwyn's Birthday: : Humour
- - Buying Lunch: : Humour
- - Changing The Daily Backup Tapes: : Hum...
- - Dining In Style: : Humour
- - Disobedient Disobedience (Parody of Di...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.