Thy Death Is As Pretty As Thou Art
Pretty rose, whom dost thou love more
Betwixt the sun and the dew?
Thy ever widening odour is thy answer-
I know, yet I doubt!
Remember the time inert thou wert.
Ever did'st thou recognize thyself, a fancy bud
Or those who afforded thee sustenance?
They are none but the sun and the dew.
Yet I see thee prefer the dew
And blame on the sun every afternoon
As the sun's beckoning hands say-
'Farewell to thee, O pretty rose! '
When thou dost pass away anew.
So thou art destined to die, by
Our reckoning hands, indeed;
Forever in need prime-
For thou art laid to stay alive
By thy fragrance in our breathe.
Its not the pitiful death thou hast!
But the death that makes thee immortal
Through finest moments of ceremonies
Of our joyous and merry lives.
So, let none be preferred before thou wilt
ignite; as thy death is as pretty as thou art.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thy Death Is As Pretty As Thou Art by Pijush Biswas )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Francesca, Ezra Pound
Poem of the Day
- Opened!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Revealed In Us, Edward Kofi Louis
- Puffed Up II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Shallum, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hey There (Don't You Stare) / The New A.., Joseph Archer
- Imprisoned!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Speak With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Virtuous Acts, Leong Ming Loong