Time is of the essence.
Once were warriors…
Just like the movie says we once were,
Apart for such long periods,
But then bouncing back,
Each separation making us stronger.
Maybe we got complacent,
Forgot to fight,
Slowly the gaps started showing,
What is it worth without the contact.
I sit by the phone with breath held,
No gain…it continues to stay silent,
Again I take the initiative and get the same,
What does it matter they are all the same.
Believe it...believe it not…
The phone was blocked,
No public phone boxes about,
Blah de blah de blah,
How long do I have to play the idiot?
The ball’s in your court now,
Give me something real,
Not a made up excuse, I’m past that,
Love not blocked off eternally but it’s so close,
It’s tangible…time is of the essence.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time is of the essence. by Tara Nugent )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 2, Brian Johnston
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It's Like Telling Us Not To Cry, Kelly Zion
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch