Time is of the essence.
Once were warriors…
Just like the movie says we once were,
Apart for such long periods,
But then bouncing back,
Each separation making us stronger.
Maybe we got complacent,
Forgot to fight,
Slowly the gaps started showing,
What is it worth without the contact.
I sit by the phone with breath held,
No gain…it continues to stay silent,
Again I take the initiative and get the same,
What does it matter they are all the same.
Believe it...believe it not…
The phone was blocked,
No public phone boxes about,
Blah de blah de blah,
How long do I have to play the idiot?
The ball’s in your court now,
Give me something real,
Not a made up excuse, I’m past that,
Love not blocked off eternally but it’s so close,
It’s tangible…time is of the essence.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time is of the essence. by Tara Nugent )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..