Emmanuel George Cefai
‘Tis Hopeless Now I Know
‘Tis hopeless now I know
they say that hope
goes last and that it should not go.
‘Tis hopeless now:
The day’s now ending in a sweet romance
The dusk is lighting up the city-lights
And the dark night the city now enfolds
Into its mantle that it may dream and sleep.
Full constant/Eternal pessimist, I,
‘Tis hopeless now I know.
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Tis Hopeless Now I Know by Emmanuel George Cefai )
Did you read them?
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage