Emmanuel George Cefai (12th March 1955 / Victoria, Gozo)
‘Tis Hopeless Now I Know
‘Tis hopeless now I know
they say that hope
goes last and that it should not go.
‘Tis hopeless now:
The day’s now ending in a sweet romance
The dusk is lighting up the city-lights
And the dark night the city now enfolds
Into its mantle that it may dream and sleep.
Full constant/Eternal pessimist, I,
‘Tis hopeless now I know.
Poet Other Poems
- ‘Fifty Days And More
- ‘the night is near, going these ways
- ‘Tis given us to roam the earth
- ‘Tis Hopeless Now I Know
- ‘What Did You Eat To-Day? ’
- ‘You are slow losing your teeth, ’ I sai...
- A Baffling Cloud Rode Over
- A Barge Mysterious In The Thick Of Night
- A Broken Heart
- A call from a cicada
- A Cemetery Of Desires
- A cherished song this night
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.