To be is to 'Be'
To be is to ‘Be’
Pain conceals in truth of life;
Though truest moments seem
Hidden in the joyous strife.
Dual nature of truth deem
To deceive the common sanity –
To prescribe one law to verity.
Does true law gain true gaiety?
Or resigns the soul to woes;
Or admits mirth in severity;
Or offers growth to all throes.
To be faithful to life is to ‘be’,
To ‘be’ is to live dismay with glee.
Elation demands valour;
Crouched in it is daunting fear.
Cheer scuffling grief, a labour.
Delight hurts when gloom be dear,
To be gayful to sincerity
Is to live pain in entirety.
Soul in solitude finds rest.
Pain and fun when both dissolve,
Joy eases and woes breathest;
Tears wash fake smiles to absolve.
Best to be with ownself when joys play,
As to be with ownself when tears slay.
Perceive not in joy or pain
The verity beyond time.
Truth ever stays and remains,
When two coalesce to refine.
To live truth is to be truth per se;
To ‘be’, live poised no woe no gay.
Maitali Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To be is to 'Be' by Maitali Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Departing Memories, Midnights Voice
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- July 31,2014, Erica Borges
- Where Did It Go To?, Brian Johnston
- The Unapologetic Apology To My Mother (A.., Maurice Harris
- she is fading and then the night swallow.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Everything is yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- The Leg Of A Lamb, Saiom Shriver
- A Task To Master, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Find Me, Amanda Houston