To be is to 'Be'
To be is to ‘Be’
Pain conceals in truth of life;
Though truest moments seem
Hidden in the joyous strife.
Dual nature of truth deem
To deceive the common sanity –
To prescribe one law to verity.
Does true law gain true gaiety?
Or resigns the soul to woes;
Or admits mirth in severity;
Or offers growth to all throes.
To be faithful to life is to ‘be’,
To ‘be’ is to live dismay with glee.
Elation demands valour;
Crouched in it is daunting fear.
Cheer scuffling grief, a labour.
Delight hurts when gloom be dear,
To be gayful to sincerity
Is to live pain in entirety.
Soul in solitude finds rest.
Pain and fun when both dissolve,
Joy eases and woes breathest;
Tears wash fake smiles to absolve.
Best to be with ownself when joys play,
As to be with ownself when tears slay.
Perceive not in joy or pain
The verity beyond time.
Truth ever stays and remains,
When two coalesce to refine.
To live truth is to be truth per se;
To ‘be’, live poised no woe no gay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To be is to 'Be' by Maitali Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal