To be silent for a while
I choose to remain silent for a while.
Allow my ears to relive the wild.
Be a part of the cosmos around,
And listen to the incoming strange sounds.
To hear and then listen,
What my continuum outside,
Has to murmur in unison.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The other connection which hit me, Hindu philosophy talks about withdrawing the mind from the senses, detaching the mind from the senses, to meditate to a higher level. I as a man of science have never really understood this. But I find one rational connect, if you for example for a day, decide not to speak, you are allowing your other senses to sharpen and compensate for the one you have switched off. Perhaps this could have been a method of finding the 6th sense, if it at all exists.
Comments about this poem (To be silent for a while by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- You're Making This Too Easy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I need you., Tyler Anhorn
- Cosmic soul., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What's up, dude..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Automatic Weaponry...And Kids….Ain't Chi.., James B. Earley
- I'll pray you never run away, Mark Heathcote
- See and please come, gajanan mishra
- The Wind, Sara Militello
- Death.. My Ultimate Inspiration, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Further Trivializing Their Quick To Get .., Lawrence S. Pertillar