Lawrence S. Pertillar
To Close and Lock Doors For Good
Bright lights are dimming quick.
A curtain slowly closes,
To permit those final bows.
As performers leave a stage,
Along with the staging,
Of repetitive nostalgia.
And those in attendance,
Have known of this...
With beliefs of themselves being entitled,
To more than the same delivery.
They seek substance.
But those in positions refuse transitions.
Comprehension has been distanced.
With a doing as they've been told,
The only ones listening paying attention...
To patrons disappearing never to see again,
Are the ones paid to close the doors.
With a going through the motions accepted long ago,
And keeping their 'worthless' opinions to themselves.
So this they do.
Accustomed to humiliation.
With benefits and paychecks too!
To close to lock doors for good.
Knowing themselves not the ones devastated,
With a keeping up of pretense and appearances.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Close and Lock Doors For Good by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey