Sometimes we wait for death
To come to us.
Sometimes we come to death.
To escape from the laughter.
To escape from prejudice.
To escape from people who make our lives
To escape fear, the fear to live.
To escape even from your loved ones.
To escape from loneliness, the empty hole in your heart.
To escape from people we might never meet.
To escape from everything I see, hear, touch, smell, taste and love.
To escape from the wind revealing its secrets to the trees.
To escape from the sweet air.
To escape from life itself.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Escape by Adriana Martin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Anne's Confession, Folayemi Akande
- Seen In One Of Them, Edward Kofi Louis
- My Solace In Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Pioneer, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prime Truth - 72, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Tit for Tat, Aparna Chatterjee
- Cliche', Jon M. Nelson
- Prime Truth - 71, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Whiff By Kedarnath Sharma, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Dawn, Edward Kofi Louis