To the Departed Soul of my dear friend KASTHURI-Poem-1
To the departed soul
of my dear friend
Oh! my Kasthuri!
My dear, dear friend!
My beloved, revered, a God-send!
I know not
What sin of any sort
I ever did commit, even in thought
To lose you,
A gem of lives few
Who attained full nobility true!
To your duty tightly tied,
You were kindness personified,
With simplicity swinging in your stride!
Beauty you ardently loved,
Gulping it to your heart's content, you roved,
But by fate's cruel hand were you shoved!
Books and books you read,
All day your eyes on them, you shed,
Peace they instilled even in thy death-bed!
A loving dear indeed!
My heart's fond friend in need;
From Death's icy hands, her life I couldn't plead!
Wherever can I find
A true friend of thy kind
Taking my heart behind? .
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To the Departed Soul of my dear friend KASTHURI-Poem-1 by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- SOME WORDS ARE NOT DELICATE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Love You Because...!, Asma Riaz Khan
- My Struggle, Michael McParland
- An Exausted Soul, Michael McParland
- Here I Lie; A Grain In My Ignorance., Agboyi Felix
- Burning without oil, Aftab Alam
- THE ILLUSION OF A KNIGHT, M.D Dinesh Nair
- MY HONEY WORDS ARE MISUNDERSTOOD BY SOME.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY HONEY WORDS ARE MISUNDERSTOOD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You Have Touched My Heart, Asma Riaz Khan