John F. McCullagh
"To the People of Texas & All Americans in the World: "
The blank parchment is wordlessly taunting me
Shall I write out a Will? Or a Plea?
The troops of Santa Anna surround us,
Should I surrender unconditionally?
No! I've replied with the cannon!
I'm determined to here make my Stand.
My life and my honor for Texas,
My beloved adopted homeland.
Their red flag of no quarter is flying.
So far I have not lost a man.
Ceaseless is their cannonading,
"Victory or Death! "- My command.
John F. McCullagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ("To the People of Texas & All Americans in the World: " by John F. McCullagh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Will never ask for more than this..., Alok Singhal
- Circumventing Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Morning, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Sign, Rex mayor Ubini
- Open Letter to Lady Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- Mbase nuk e dinte…, skender iljaz braka
- Prej njerëzores dua të digjem, skender iljaz braka
- Ominous Silence, Valsa George
- Contemporary Indian English Poetesses, S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बा गोथौ, Ronjoy Brahma